Refund Cancellation Policy
Purpose of this Policy
The purpose of this policy is to provide clear direction to Australian Lifesaver Training & Coolangatta First Aid policy and procedures, relating to fees, refunds, and cancellations. Australian Lifesaver Training and Coolangatta First Aid is a business name of International Skills and Education College Pty Ltd. RTO ID 40684. For the purpose of this policy, we are referring to Coolangatta First Aid Training.
This policy refers to all students, participants, and clients (group training) and includes prospective clients and those eligible for government funding/subsidy whilst participating in our training courses.
This policy is to be read in conjunction with applicable legislative instruments including the Australian Consumer Law Legislations, ASQA Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015. Coolangatta First Aid will conduct all student fee administration and refunds ethically, honestly, and with fairness to all parties. Coolangatta First Aid will use the guidance and framework provided by these regulations and codes.
Prior to enrolment, information on course details and the enrolment process is made available to the participant/student. Course fees are either quoted or displayed on the enrolment process.
Upon booking confirmation, clients are issued with a tax invoice and payment methods.
- Online Credit or Debit card via a third-party provider.
- Option for electronic funds transfer prior to the course at least 7 days prior to your course (if public) or via invoice for group training.
Additional Fees may be charged
- The replacement of any learning resource that is lost, damaged or misplaced. These will vary from program to program.
- The reissue of misplaced or lost certificates once we send you the certificate. An extra fee of $30 is charged for each certificate (Testamur, Record of Results, and/or Statement of Attainment).
- Application of a USI number on behalf of the client if required. Coolangatta First Aid online enrolment allows all students/participants to either create a new USI or look up their existing USI. The fee for Coolangatta First Aid staff to do this is $70.00 GST Inc.
- Students/participants who require a reassessment of a task will be charged an extra fee for each subsequent submission.
Fee Collection and Payment Methods
Coolangatta First Aid provides a cancellation policy to clients prior to the commencement of the course and ensures that all refunds and/or cancellations are dealt with in a fair and equitable manner. All requests for refunds and/or cancellations will be acted upon within 14 days of notice received.
Withdraw prior to course completion – No refund
Extra fees may also be charged to cover the number of units completed. Should students wish to finalise incomplete units of competency in a future course, the original fee can be used as a credit towards the course. This offer is only available within the six-month period from the time the initial payment is received.
No show to class – No refund
We have limited numbers in our classes, if you don’t turn up and don’t advise us prior to attending you will not be entitled to a refund or transfer to another class.
Once the course/unit has commenced
No refund, Where payment has not been paid, clients will be invoiced
1 to 4 days prior to the course commencement date
No refund, Where payment has not been paid, clients will be invoiced.
5 to 14 days prior to the course commencement date
50% refund, plus $35* administration fee
15 days or more prior to the course commencement date
Full refund, plus a $35* administration fee
All cancellations must be emailed or can be sent via our website online form. The administration office is not opened on weekends or public holidays. The date of the received email will be taken from the first business working day after receiving the email. E.g., if an email is sent on Saturday then Monday will be the date received and days calculated to course will be taken from the following Monday.
Once a course has commenced, no refund will be made where the student/participant withdraw prior to completion. Should the student/participant wish to finalise the incomplete units or tasks, the original fee can be used as a credit towards that course. This will be looked at based on the unit/course and time frame. After six months this offer will not be applicable.
In the case where a student/participant wishes to discontinue their training without completing the course, Coolangatta First Aid will take all the necessary measures to:
- Determine the reason for discontinuing, and if found to be related to the delivery of the training, ensure all reasonable efforts are made to address the client’s concerns.
- Obtain formal notification from student/participant in writing (when possible) of their effective withdrawal date.
- Issue the student/participant with a Statement of Attainment and associate transcript for completed units of competency within 21 days of notification of the discontinuance.
- Update the training plan listing all units of competency and the respective outcome for each and provide the student/participant with the updated training plan.
- Give the student/participant a statement of fees that includes all fees applied, outstanding, or refunded if applicable.
- Submit training activity data to finalise the record and, if eligible, receive any further payments or subsidies and loadings.
From time to time there are circumstances where a refund of fees will be available. The following conditions are outlined:
- A course or unit has been canceled by Coolangatta First Aid due to unforeseen circumstances. In this case, a full refund will be refunded.
- If a student/participant has paid in advance and wishes to cancel a course within the time frames set within our cancellation and withdrawn conditions in this document apply.
- If a student/participant has paid fees in advance and is granted Recognition of Prior Learning for one or more units, the client will be given a partial refund. Fees will be retained to cover the cost of processing the RRL application and engaging a qualified trainer and assessor for assessing the evidence provided by the candidate. The refund amount will be prorated depending on the number of units that have been granted RPL less administrative and assessment fees.
- In the case where a client has paid fees in advance and then is granted a Credit Transfer for one or more units, the client will be given a refund for the full amount of the units that are deemed equivalent.
- In the case where a client has paid for and confirmed a course and Coolangatta First Aid becomes unable to provide the course, Coolangatta First Aid will provide an alternative RTO provider to ensure completion of the program. No refund of fees will be granted in this case.
- No refund will be made on perishable items such as practice materials ( bandages, masks etc) and learning resources (books, tools requirements ordered in to conduct the course or unit).
- In all other cases, refunds are at the discretion of the RTO Manager and may be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. The RTO Manager ensures that all refunds are dealt with in a fair and equitable manner.
- The student/participant agrees that Coolangatta First Aid may change this policy at any time and the policy to be used to determine whether they receive a refund will be the policy applicable at the time they give notice of cancellation or withdraw enrolment in a course.
Application for Refunds
All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing, addressed to Australian Lifesaver Training & Coolangatta First Aid RTO Manager, send to the email address you received when you enrolled. All requests for refunds will be acted upon within 14 days in accordance with Coolangatta First Aid Refund Policy.